Sweet Bread French Toast
- 2 slices of sweet bread per person, cut 3/4” to 1” thick
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
Beat together egg, cream, vanilla and spices. Lightly oil a griddle with macadamia nut oil. Dip slices of bread in batter and fry until golden brown. Turn once. Serve warm with Tropical Fruit Butter and whipped cream. Garnish with diced Macadamia Nuts.
Tropical Fruit Butter
- 2 sticks or ½ pound butter (room temperature)
- 6 oz. frozen tropical fruit juice concentrate such as guava, passion-orange, or mango (thawed)
- 2–3 cups of powdered sugar
In a food processor or with a high-speed hand mixer, whip together juice concentrate and butter. Mixture will be grainy. Add powdered sugar ½ cups at a time and blend. Continue to add sugar gradually until fluffy consistency is reached. Serve one heaping spoonful on each portion of French Toast. Store unused portion covered in the refrigerator for up to one month.