- 1 lb. imitation crabmeat chopped
- 1 10 oz. can shrimp or bay shrimp
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 12 oz. Monterey jack cheese grated
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbs. dry tarragon
- Custard (see recipe below)
Butter a casserole 9” x 12” or 10” square. Line with sliced sweet bread cut into 1-inch thick slices. Top bread with crab & shrimp. Season with pepper. Sprinkle tarragon over seafood. Spread mushrooms & green onions over seafood. Evenly sprinkle cheese. Gently pat down ingredients. Pour custard over & sprinkle paprika. Bake at 325 degrees until custard browns approximately 30–40 minutes.
- 2 cups milk (12 oz. evaporated milk & ¼ cup water)
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
Mix ingredients together.